Apple Design Award winner and App Store Essential – Procreate is the most powerful sketching, painting and illustration app ever designed for a mobile device, built for creative professionals. This complete artist’s toolbox helps you create beautiful sketches, inspiring paintings, and stunning illustrations anywhere you are. Procreate features ground-breaking canvas resolution, 136 incredible brushes, an advanced layer system, and is powered by Silica M: the fastest 64-bit painting engine on iOS.
Create a canvas and start painting with any of Procreate’s exclusive dual-texture brushes. Use the immediately responsive smudge tool to perfectly blend colour with any brush in your library. With Procreate’s incredibly high-resolution canvases you can print your artwork at massive sizes. Experience the revolutionary selection, transform, and perspective tools built exclusively for multitouch and finish your illustration with stunning cinema-quality effects. Procreate’s powerful and intuitive interface always puts your art in focus.
With a deep range of professional quality features, Procreate has all the power a creative needs.
• Feature Highlights
- Optimised for iPad Pro and Apple Pencil
- Massive Ultra High Definition canvases, up to 16k by 4k on iPad Pro 12.9" and 10.5”
- Powered by Silica M: the fastest 64-bit painting engine
- Stunning 64-bit colour
- Deliciously responsive 64-bit smudge sampling
- Multi-threaded; optimised for iPad’s multiple cores
- 250 levels of undo and redo
- Continuous auto-save—never lose work again
- Crop and Resize your canvas for the perfect composition
- Revolutionary QuickShape feature makes perfect shapes instantly
- Connect a keyboard to use shortcuts for advanced features
- Advanced QuickMenu for rapid interface interaction
• Breakthrough Brushes:
- Packed with 136 beautifully made brushes
- Game-changing dual textured brush system
- Over 50 customisable settings for every brush
- Create your own custom Procreate brushes and sets
- Import and export custom brushes
• Advanced Layering System:
- Layer your artwork for precise control over individual elements
- Use Layer Masks and Clipping Masks for non-destructive editing
- Stay organised by combining layers into Groups
- Select multiple layers to move or Transform objects simultaneously
- Access 17 layer blend modes for professional compositing
• Colour Without Compromise:
- 64-bit colour for greater accuracy
- P3 Wide Colour support
- Fill your art seamlessly with ColorDrop
- Input RGB or hex values for exact colour matching
• Dramatic Finishing Effects:
- GPU accelerated for optimum speed
- Perspective Blur (exclusive to Procreate)
- Gaussian and Motion Blurs
- Sharpen and add Noise
- Colour Balance, Image Curves, HSB, Recolour
• Powerful Drawing Guides:
- Perspective, Isometric, 2D, and Symmetry visual guides
- Drawing Assist perfects your strokes in real time
• Groundbreaking Video Features
- Relive your creative journey with Procreate’s Time-lapse Replay
- Broadcast your process live with your favourite streaming service
• Sharing and Workflow Integration:
- Drag and drop artworks, brushes, and palettes between applications
- Import or export Adobe® Photoshop® PSD files
- Export to AirDrop, iCloud Drive, Photos, iTunes, Twitter, Dropbox, Google Drive, Facebook, Weibo and Mail
- Export as layered native .procreate file, PSD, TIFF, transparent PNG, multi-page PDF or web ready JPEG
Our second massive update for 2018 brings you essential professional features, but not as you know them. Clipping Masks, Crop, inking, and Selections have all been redesigned for multitouch and Apple Pencil, and we'll change the way you create with the revolutionary QuickShape and explosive Liquify Dynamics.
• Cutting Edge
Use the best software with the best hardware. Procreate is fully compatible with the latest iOS, and all available iPads and Apple accessories.
Effortlessly create shapes with any brush and without leaving your canvas. Just hold the end of your stroke for perfect ellipses, arcs, circles, rectangles, triangles and more. Change the shape type, edit the major points, or just keep on painting.
• Crop and Resize
It's never too late to find the perfect composition. Reframe the focus of your artwork with intuitive touch controls or precise numerical input.
• Clipping Masks
Reimagine your workflow with the power of Clipping Masks. Control the visibility of layers based on the content of another layer for ultimate flexibility.
• Gallery Preview
Showcase your artwork with Preview. Use Select mode or just pinch outward to view your artworks in full screen without opening them. Tap through your artworks, or swipe for a slideshow.
• Ink Different
Specifically for comic artists and inkers, we’ve rebuilt Procreate’s stroke handling to give you precise control over the shape and size of your stroke taper. Perfect your strokes with customisable pressure curves for size and opacity, built directly into every single brush.
• Improved Selections
Use the new Shape Selections to quickly isolate elliptical or rectangular areas of your artwork, and Feather any selection for a soft edge and beautiful blending.
• Liquify Dynamics
Challenge your creative limits with these groundbreaking additions to Liquify. Exclusive Edge and Crystals brushes add control and spontaneity, and you can enhance any adjustment with mind-bending Distortion and Momentum.
As always we've also kept polishing all your favourite features, including rotation and interpolation options in Transform, Duplicate for Brush Sets, and the ability to Drag and Drop layers between canvases.
4.2.1: Here's a bit of polish for your shiny new update:
- If you’d ever connected a third-party stylus to Procreate and you’re now using Apple Pencil, painting was broken forever. We’re sorry. It’s fixed now.
- Several fixes to Selections
- Polished up the new Transform rotation node
- Changing Grid Size in 2D and Isometric Guides now actually works
- Fixed an issue where Time-lapse would drop segments when leaving Procreate
We're still working tirelessly to bring you the features you've asked for and never seen before. Tell us how you feel about Procreate by leaving a review on the App Store, and stay alert for more exciting announcements.