Welcome to the redesigned World Atlas app from National Geographic, the best world geography reference resource available. The Atlas features Nat Geo's award-winning cartography and stats and facts about every country on Earth.
Curious about a place in the news, looking for a trusted source of information for a school project, or just want to spin the globe and explore? The Atlas puts the world at your fingertips.
- Get flags, facts, and stats for every country and territory
- Receive daily trivia, pop quizzes, and on-this-day information
- Create pin lists of places you've been and places you want to go
- Download maps for offline use
- Get real-time weather data
We appreciate all of the constructive feedback we've received since launching our completely redesigned World Atlas app. We've listened to your feedback and have made several enhancements.
- The app should feel more responsive in general.
- We’ve reduced a lag in performance on some older devices, and relaxed the animations between sections to allow you to interact directly.
- Fixed some odd scenarios that could occur when activating the app from a notification.
- Fixed a rare crash event that could occur with the star field
- Fixed a rare crash event that could cause certain saved pins to crash the app.
- Pins: We are investigating the issues reported with older pin lists. But, you will now be able to access your "imported" pins faster, as it now appears first in the "Saved Pins" list.
In case you missed it - here’s what was new in version 4.0:
National Geographic’s World Atlas has been completely rebuilt and redesigned. We've given the app a new look, a sleek new interface, and a host of new features—including daily trivia, an innovative statistics visualizer, and a much improved measuring tool.
You still have all the same functionality and features you’ve come to expect from the Atlas, but we’ve listened to your comments and suggestions and made it easier to use, more stable, and more elegant.
- All maps and location information have been updated
- Bing maps have been removed, which means no more jarring style change when zooming beyond Nat Geo cartography
- The distance measuring tool is now much more functional
- Offline map downloads have been decreased from ~500MB in size to 125MB in size, meaning they download fast and don’t take up as much space on your device
- You now have the ability to sync your saved pins across your devices