The first raptor identification app designed for mobile devices; "HawkWatch International's Identification Guide to Raptors" puts expert hawk identification content in the palm of your hand. In this guide to North America's 34 species of diurnal raptors, you'll find nearly 1000 annotated photos, and cutting edge identification video for each species, geared toward helping you identify raptors in flight. If you're just getting started with birding, this app covers the basics; if you're already an expert hawk watcher, this app covers all the variation that can lead to identification confusion, even among the most seasoned birders.
• Developed by HawkWatch International in partnership with the Cornell Lab of Ornithology
• Comprehensive identification content created by Jerry Liguori and Brian Sullivan
• ~1000 annotated photos covering plumage, age/sex, and geographic variation
• Cutting edge ID-focused video showing each species in flight, including voice-over ID tips from Jerry Liguori
• Range maps with links to interactive seasonal eBird maps
• Vocalizations for each species
• 'Ask the authors' raptor ID question forum
The Raptor ID app by HawkWatch International and Cornell Lab of Ornithology is now free! You can now download the top raptor identification app for your apple device for free. Browse all 34 species of North American diurnal birds of prey with cutting edge photo and video content produced by renowned raptor experts Jerry Liguori and Brian Sullivan. This unique app features overview text (similar to an ID book), vocalizations, distribution maps, and high-quality photos and videos with voiceovers for identification tips that aid users in understanding nuanced flight behaviors. Download the app for free today!